In this episode, Josh talks to Adrian Montgomery, the CEO of Enthusiast Gaming, a network of communities for gamers around the world.
Esports: The Future of Sports…and the Future of Sports Advertising
As Josh points out in the episode, sports have been the “big leagues” of advertising for decades. The Super Bowl isn’t just football’s biggest day – it’s commercials’ biggest day too. And every league is an advertiser’s dream, from stadium signage to inning sponsors to the endless commercial breaks.
But traditional sports are no longer the only game in town. Esports aren’t just one of the fastest growing industries in the world – they’re one of the most exciting advertising arenas.
- Enthusiast Gaming is a Canadian company working to build the world’s largest network of communities for gamers
- You can read more about Adrian’s journey into esports HERE
- Games function as social media. You can read more thoughts about that HERE
- Today’s teens and young 20-somethings don’t watch TV traditionally. Forbes puts it bluntly: “Gen Z Hates TV”
- The Biden/Harris campaign created a Fortnite map just days before the election. You can read about it HERE
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ilhan Omar livestreamed a game of Among Us. You can read more about that HERE
- The album art on the wall behind Adrian is from Bruce Springsteen’s 1884 album Born in the USA